Passive House is a building energy efficiency standard that requires a green approach to the comforts of home.
To build a truly passive house, architects, designers, builders and homeowners should focus on these project deliverables:
- Create a highly insulated building envelope.
- Add a continuous air-sealed layer.
- Eliminate thermal bridges.
- Ensure heat recovery ventilation.
- Install high-performance glazing.
These can be costly. But they don’t have to be—if you scale your project using Efficient Habitat’s process.
Efficiency-conscious design allows you to bask in the comforts of home while—to heed the words of Glenn Murcutt—touching the earth lightly.